SUPCONF ATL 2017
SUPCONF ATL/Fall 2017 is November 6-7 at Atlanta Tech Village.
- 1 About SUPCONF ATL/Fall 2017
- 2 Schedule
- 3 Some Of The Companies Attending
- 4 Partners
- 5 Sponsors
- 6 Venue & Hotel
- 7 FAQ
- 7.1 Things to know at SUPCONF
- 7.2 Things to do in Atlanta
About SUPCONF ATL/Fall 2017
We are using wristbands as a way to signal that you’re open for a chat, as well as make it safe to say “I’m busy” or “I need a few moments to myself.”
We’d like to give you the control to turn “on” or “off” from conversations – as you see fit or feel ready. This is sort of like muting the world away in Slack, and taking a few moments to be heads down. By giving you more control over social interactions, we hope you’ll be more comfortable connecting to other folks during the event.
These wristbands have two sides. You can turn your wristband to yellow for “let’s chat!” When you need a break, you can turn it to black for “I need a few moments to myself, please.”
You can pick up a wristband when you first arrive at the event, and read more about this idea here.
November 6 - SUPCONF Day 1
November 7 - SUPCONF Day 2
Some Of The Companies Attending
Venue & Hotel
Atlanta Tech Village
3423 Piedmont Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30305
There are a number of hotels around the Tech Village's location, all within close walking distance. We don't have a single block hotel setup.
Things to know at SUPCONF
How do I get from the airport to the venue?
- After claiming your baggage, follow overhead signage to the MARTA Airport Station exit located between the North and South Terminal Baggage claim areas
- Purchase a Breeze Ticket for a basic $6 round-trip ticket or Breeze Card for fancier options at the fare kiosk.
- If before 8:30pm weeknights or 8:50pm weekends, board the Red Line (Red Line Schedule).
- If you're arriving after those hours, board the Gold Line (Gold Line Schedule) and transfer to the Red Line NORTHBOUND at the Lindbergh Center Station
- Exit MARTA at Buckhead Station
- Walk to the Atlanta Tech Village
tl;dr version - Take the subway
Do you like to take pictures?
We ❤️ pictures too! Share your pictures on Instagram with the #SUPCONF tag.
I’m leaving for the airport right after SUPCONF ends, can I bring my luggage?
Yup! We’ll set aside space for you to store your luggage. You should keep your valuables near you though as we will not dedicate anyone to babysit your luggage.
I, um, forgot to pack something
There is a Kroger (grocery store + pharmacy) across the street from the venue. You are within 10 minutes' walk of two major high-end shopping malls: Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza
Things to do in Atlanta
What are some things to do and eat near the venue?
- Food-wise there is everything from fast food to ultra-fancy-$$$ within 10 minutes' walk.
- Lenox Square Mall has an Apple Store AND a Microsoft Store AND LEGOLand
Pop into #zlocal-atlanta and ask them about their favorite bars and restaurants.
I want to do stuff Monday and Tuesday after the conference
YAY! We want you to come hang out with us!
MARTA Guide is an UNOFFICIAL (aka "not run by real MARTA agency") guide to what you can do around the Metro area that's accessible via mass transit
What is the "Perimeter"?
That's the local name for Interstate 285 which circles the city. It's also the name of one of the few malls that can be reached by subway without a bus transfer.