SDX is July 22, 2017 at Smith Memorial Student Union in Portland, Oregon.
About SDX 2017
- Focused on learning and developing technical and nontechnical skills
- Sessions are taught from a support perspective, so you can apply them right away
- A 1 day event with workshops, talks, and more to suit different learning styles
We set out to create an event that works for everyone in support - from folks on the front lines to managers and up. The case for ROI is simple, if one of these sessions could benefit your career or your job, you should be here.
To launch SDX we successfully funded a Kickstarter event. Learn more about that here.
We are looking for volunteers to help make SDX awesome. Volunteers work one shift durning the event, which will last no more than 4 hours. All accepted volunteers receive free admission to the event. Sign up to be a volunteer here.
The SDX Unconference (blog post) will be held same day in the Smith Memorial Ballroom. We will have three tracks aligned with workshop times. The central board will be located in the the Ballroom. Instructions will be verbally communicated before workshops begin and a brief instruction board will be posted on the whiteboard itself. Session leaders will be asked to provide brief summaries to be shared on this wiki.
Smith Memorial Student Union
Portland State University Campus
1825 SW Broadway
Portland, OR 97201
Here are a few reasons we’re excited for SDX to be at Smith Union:
- Multiple rooms for workshops and talks. Choose from a variety of workshop and talks that best suit what you want to learn.
- Quicky and easy transit between rooms. It’s all in one building so there’ll be plenty of time to get to where you want to go.
- A beautiful large space for sponsors and the GIF Battle. We’ve got ideas for bigger and better ways for sponsors to be a part of SDX and we’ll have the space for it.
- Located just south of downtown Portland. Whether you’re into food, beer, cycling, weird things – SDX will be the perfect time visit Portland.
University Place Hotel
310 SW Lincoln St
Portland, OR 97201
We’ve created a room block at a hotel near SDX. The room block helps you get the best hotel rate, and creates a fun place for chance encounters and meet ups - as fellow attendees are all nearby! The hotel we have created the block at is the University Place Hotel.
- The block rate is $111/night (+ 15.3% tax). This rate is for July 21st and July 22nd. Hot breakfast and wifi is included in the room rate.
- In order to block this special rate, please call the hotel at 503-221-0140 or 1-866-845-4647 and ask for the "Support Driven" Room Block.
- At the time of booking, you can specify if you wish to book a King room or a Double room. There is a $10 per person charge (plus tax) for the 3rd and 4th adult in the room. If needed, parking is $15 a night.
- This special rate is available until May 21st.
- If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Chelsea - @chelsea on slack or chelsea [at] supportdriven [dot] com.
Do you like to take pictures?
We ❤️ pictures too! Share your pictures on Instagram with the #SDX tag.